Lies Told In The Beauty Industry- A Reset.

 



 “False information” when making beauty related enquiries?  Correct me if I am wrong, but I am certain you must have heard some of these before . On this episode I will be exposing some of the lies masked as  truth in the beauty world.





1. “IT DOES’NT DEPEND ON THE PRODUCT, BUT HOW YOU APPLY IT”-  I know some people apply products wrongly. But at the same time, the product you use determines your finished look no matter how well it is applied. Some products safe you the stress of blending like skin without much effort. You can’t buy a powder from bend down select, “a brand that has no name” and compare the finishing with a Milani or Nuban beauty powder. So my queens I think I have emphasized on this severally but quote me anywhere, The product you use also matters. Don’t let anyone deceive you. Buy a quality product and thank me later. It even saves you the stress.








2. “DRINK A LOT OF WATER”- I bet we are all familiar with this. Although this actually helps but at-times it is taken out of context. I see people with skin conditions drinking gallons of water. Water is good for your health and skin, But it doesn’t determine the overall condition of your skin. Whatever skin condition you have , visit a qualified dermatologist to know if your skin reacts to something  or it being an hereditary skin condition before downing gallons of water.






3. “USE A PRIMER”- Do not just use a primer, use a primer that is fit for your skin, cleanse your skin, moisturize your skin and not only would your makeup game come out stronger, your skin would also thank you. Check my previous post for benefits of primer and moisturizer on the skin.





4. “NIGERIA MAKEUP BRANDS ARE TRASH”- Please dead this thought if you  have it in mind. Probably in the last 10 years I just might have agreed. But a lot of Nigerian brands are making waves and competing with your favourite foreign brands. Nigeria makeup brands have really stepped up their game. Icing on the cake is how affordable and easily purchased they are. Read my previous post on affordable Nigeria makeup brands that give best results.





5. “PRODUCTS MUST BE OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE TO GIVE GOOD RESULTS”- I don’t know who started this but you can actually buy a product that is affordable and still get a wonderful result. For instance Your friend buys a #40,000 foundation and you buy the one of #12,000, doesn’t mean your makeup will not be as peng as hers. Just make sure you make your research about the certain product, Buy an original product that prefers quality over quantity. Regardless of the price, so far it gives you the results you desire. You don’t have to break the bank sis. 



P.S- This episode was curated from what I have heard people say both personally and online . You can share some of the beauty related “false infornations” you have heard in the comments section. You can also ask questions to know if a beauty related information is true or false. I look forward to chatting with you in the comments. XOXO.



Comments

Popular Posts